Hello and welcome to Figure Flattering Friday! This post we're going to discuss the hourglass figure! Hourglass is considered to be the ideal body type by many women, however only 8.4% of the population have it. Women with hourglass figures are round and curvy, with a well-defined waistline, fuller hips and bust and generous thighs. For women with this body type, the bust and hip are approximately the same size, and the waist is narrow.
What To Wear
- Ruffles and soft drapes, open collars, off-the-shoulder, cold-shoulder designs, and fun asymmetrical cuts.
- Belts, ties, form fitting tops, wraps, and empire waistlines.
- Flared, wide, and bootleg pants as well as flared and pencil skirts.
- Peplum tops, dresses, & coats emphasize your waistline.
- Balance your bust;
- Short, shaped jackets;
- Wrap blouses or dresses;
- Avoid volume-enhancing details;
- Go for soft fabrics like knit and silk blends;
- Wear low necklines
- Stick with solid colors
- Wear dark colors and vertical stripes if you want to downplay your curves
- Wear tops that extend below your hipbone to accent your curves